Monday, September 22, 2008

First, let me start off by saying "I'm sorry I didn't get to see you if you were in Bend..." - it had to be one of my quickest trips thus far.

Saturday morning, I woke up at 6am, got ready & packed, and was out the door by 7:30am to my hometown, Bend. I left Sam at home this time since it was going to be such a short trip and he'd get more done/enjoy himself more by staying home (except for the fact that this was our first night apart since being married (almost 3 months) so we missed each other...). Anyways, the drive was beautiful, as usual this time of year, and the traffic was barable.

I arrived in town around 9:45am and headed right to my first stop - IHOP! I was meeting my old co-worker, Michelle, for a lovely breakfast & catch up time. We've dubbed each other's "penpals" since we send a lot of e-mails back and forth with our new situation (me in Salem, her in Redmond). It was a great time and I got to hear all about her new life and she heard about mine. I miss her already...

After breakfast, I headed to treat myself to a pedicure. The last time I got one was days before the wedding, so I felt it was time to treat my toes again. It was a nice time and my toes are beautiful again! Then I ran a few errands and got my rings cleaned and headed to my mom's house.

The reason I came over to Bend was for her. She volunteers & is on the board for a local non-profit called Women's Resource Center of Central Oregon, which helps women who are transitioning into a new phase of their lives. This weekend was their 6th annual benefit, so I was at hand for helping. If it wasn't for a stubborn headache all night, it would have been fun, but I was kind of miserable... bummer! It was great to see all my mom's hard work though. She took on the task of putting together baskets for the silent auction - and there had to be over 30 or 40 baskets, full of amazing things. They made some money, which is great, but with the current economy, times are hard so hopefully this non-profit pulls through.

Sunday, I woke up and spent some time talking & catching up with my mom. We then got ready and spent the morning going to our favorite store - Target! We also had lunch and then I hit the road back to my home (which is still hard to say since my home has been with my mom for over 20 years).

The drive was long & rainy and everyone was heading that same direction... so it made it longer. I made it home and crashed on the couch with Sam for a few hours. He then treated me with a dinner out to Red Robin! It was nice to spend some time just with him, as I cherish every time I get it!

I miss my mom.
I miss my friends.
I miss my hometown.
But I love my husband and our home, and I wouldn't change a thing!

Oh and before I forget - Happy Birthday (yesterday) Kristi!!! Hope you had a wonderful day all for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment