Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
- This weekend marked the beginning of a string of busy weekends.
- Friday brought Matt & Krista (Sam's brother & brothers' girlfriend) to stay the night at our house.
- We made potato soup & homemade bread (yum!) .
- And followed it up with brownies & ice cream while watching The Dark Knight.
- Saturday came early...
- Krista & I were on the road to George Fox by 8am.
- We were meeting Donna & Laura (MIL & SIL) at George Fox for the 6th annual Selah Conference.
- An overall great day filled with over 700 women listening to several speakers speak on the subject of change.
- Very impacting & powerful!
- Pizza & movies were on the agenda for Saturday night.
- Plus a great phone conversation with my mom.
- I love her!
- Sunday = lazy day.
- We skipped church (sorry God) and opted to work on the last of our home projects before the weather changes.
- We weeded, mowed, organized the garage, cleaned off the front porch, and vacuumed the house (upstairs & downstairs) .
- I also dropped off books & picked up a few more from Kali.
- She's like my own personal library :)
- Then it was Sunday night and the weekend was over.
Upcoming (busy) weekends include: visiting Portland to see two of my best friends, having dental surgery, going to Bend to see my mom, and carving pumpkins with the Grables. It feels like a lot, but I'm excited to do it all!
Friday, September 25, 2009
It has been a couple years since my last dentist appointment (yes, bad me!) , but between graduating college, going to India, planning a wedding, and moving to a new town (not to mention just sick of the dentist in general) , the dentist was not far up on my list. I finally decided it was time to go and made an appointment for both Sam & I. Sam passed with flying colors, but I will be going back to the dentist as frequently as our insurance will pay for.
I won’t go into too much detail of what my future dentist appointments will entail, but basically I need a (second) route canal, several cavities filled, and a mouth guard for sleeping to just name a few of the procedures. Plus, on top of those, I also have to have 5 gum surgeries so that my teeth don’t fall out completely. Fortunately, the surgery will not be as bad as I pictured (I thought I’d have to have my mouth wired shut for several weeks…) and I really like the dentist who will do the procedure!
Nonetheless, I will once again become a reoccurring visitor to the dentist. Will this ever end?
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
The Button Jumble Hat from Anthropologie would be great for those cold days where you need to keep the heat from leaving your head. And at $34, this hat would look great with almost any outfit, especially those boots from last week ;)
Monday, September 21, 2009
- Another great weekend (of nothing!) .
- These are becoming more frequent and we are definitely thankful for each of them!
- Friday brought dentist appointments for both Sam & I.
- Sam has almost perfect teeth; I, however, don't.
- Future post to come of the horror which involves my upcoming dentist appointments.
- Following the dentist, we got groceries and went to the mall to pick up our FREE $10 gift cards!
- If you're asking yourself how did we get lucky enough to both be given $10 gift cards for free, then the answer is following thrifty blogs pays off.
- We also signed back up for cable and Comcast threw in HBO until they can come add the channels.
- Therefore our weekend consisted of mainly laying on the couch watching lots of movies!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Introducing Old Navy's Tall Faux-Suede Boots. Simple style + classic colors + low price = triple threat! For $35, who wouldn't want a pair of these in their closet?
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
•Lately, we've been on a TVonDVD kick and Grey's Anatomy is currently making its rounds (ha!).
•Thus many hours this weekend were spent in front of the TV and crying at least once an episode.
•We did take a break from the infamous Seattle hospital to clean house, workout, go swimming, and see Up!
•Northern Lights shows movies with a meal - what a concept!
•I am a big fan of McMenamin's theatres so I love that we have a knockoff right in Salem.
•We also made time for church and had the privledge of having Mexican food with the Weathers' after.
•Sunday afternoon had more Grey's and a lovely phone call from my best friend!
•All in all, a great weekend in my book!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Per the last few Saturdays, we weren't scheduled to sleep in. My mom had some things for us and we had a pile started for her, therefore we decided to meet half way between Bend & Salem. Enter Detroit, Oregon. A little town with not much to it but a huge dam. Sam & I began our trip early & met my mom in Detroit at 9am. We ate breakfast and traded piles and were on our way home again. Once home, we spent the afternoon watching old Grey's Anatomy episodes & making potato soup.
Sunday was yet another early morning. We got up and headed north to Sandy to spend the day with Sam's parents. We attended Sandy's Church in the Park and although it was rainy, it was a good time of worship. After church, we went back to the house & ate pizza (a Grable favorite!) . And after lunch, we got to work. Now that Sam's parents are empty nest-ers, they are in the process of making their house more livable for them. We spent the whole afternoon moving furniture around & setting everything back up again. It was long & tiring, but fun to spend the time together.
With Saturday & Sunday filled with family, Sam & I had hoped for a Monday at home. Once again, plans changed when we got home on Sunday and realized Sam had forgot his wallet at his parent's house. And another trip to Sandy was planned. But first, we made a stop at the Woodburn Outlets. Yes, this is a crazy stop to make on a weekend like Labor Day, but I had a return to make & the sales were a little irresistible. We just made my return at J.Crew and then headed into Eddie Bauer. $30 and 6 items later, we were out of the outlets. When we got to my in-law's, we moved a couple more things around and had some lunch. We also picked up a huge zucchinis from their plant and I can't wait to make some recipes with it!
Although we were on the road for a lot of the weekend, we enjoyed the time we spent together & with family. I wish we had a long weekend every weekend :).
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
And if I could find one, I’d totally buy a pink New Beetle like this one!
In my (dream) world, pink might take over my whole house, but luckily (for everyone else) my husband has kindly steered me otherwise. Thank goodness for accessories!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Saturday came all too soon, but we had a big day ahead of us. My MIL made eggs & cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we were off to the beach! Once in Lincoln City, we made a quick stop at the outlet mall (for my SIL) , then we found a beach to play some Bocce ball. It was a little windy, but still a little sunny. After a few hours, we decided to grab some lunch at an Oregon Coast landmark - Moe's. Following lunch, we decided to travel a little south to Depoe Bay to walk around the store front & watch seals beg for fish. A few more coast stops were made before we made the trip home. The night ended on a good note - with ice cream sundaes!
Sleeping in was #1 on our agenda for Sunday. When we got up, we made breakfast & lounged around. We had a minor glitch in the day when we had to go do some phone errands, but once we got them done, we got back to playing! The day turned out to be much nicer than our day at the beach, but our game of choice was the same. We split into teams and played around Bush Park for a few hours. Then we went back to our house for pizza & more games. The perfect ending to a great weekend. We can't wait for the next family trip!