Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday

It's Friday again so you know what that means...  I'm linking up with Darci + friends for five on Friday!



[one]
Eat, Live, Run's blueberry almond sugar cookies had me at blueberry.  They've been a pretty consistent staple in our fridge this summer, so finding new ways to incorporate this seasonal fruit has been pretty fun. And deep down, I wish I could be Jenna's personal recipe taste-tester...


[two]
After a particularly heavy week, Ashton's post on letting it go really encouraged me.  She reminded me (through scripture & her beautiful words) that we are not alone, but that God is here to carry our burdens and lift us up when we can no longer do so.  Not an easy thing to accept, yet incredibly comforting at the same time.


[three]
So remember that network of amazing women I can't stop talking about? Well their annual conference is just a couple weeks away and while I am looking forward to this experience, I am still pretty nervous.  But seeing the posts pop up in my feed from other bloggers saying they'll be there too has actually put my nerves at ease a bit. Plus, I had a chance to chat with my roommates (Ashton & Tanya) last week and now I really can't wait to meet them in person next month!



[four]
I may be a little biased, but I am really happy with how my husband's latest photo shoot turned out! I was able to tag along & be his "photo assistant" for the day, which is not as easy as I thought it might be.  But thankfully we had good weather, a fun & unique location (McMenamin's Edgefield Hotel) and a very cooperative subject, which was the perfect combination!

 
[five]
Speaking of Edgefield, we're actually on our way back up there this weekend to see Death Cab for Cutie! It's my first time seeing the band & attending a concert at this venue, but as long as there is nice weather (fingers crossed) and good music, I think it will be a fun night!




Any fun weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment