Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This Easter I had the wonderful opportunity to spend the day with my family-to-be. All of the "kids" were together (in the same town) and we all got a family picture with everyone! I can't wait to see them because there was a few funny ones in there =)

Anyways, the reason I post this is not to brag about a great family (although they are), but instead to talk about a song that was sung at their church that day. It was performed by a father and his college-aged daughters, who are very musically talented! It's called Came to My Rescue and as soon as they began singing the chorus, I could feel my heart start to sink (in a good way). The song touched me more than any other song I have heard thus far. Although I am not in a place where I physically need rescuing, I feel like it is a reminder that God is always there to come to our rescue. And in a way, the Grable's came to my rescue in that God has used them to open my eyes and trust in the unknown more than I ever had before. They are a family of Faith and they show it every day with their patience and obedience to God's calling.

If you'd like to check out the song, I found it on YouTube being performed by Hillsong United.

No comments:

Post a Comment