Friday, July 24, 2009

My Wedding Dress

In my Google Reader, there are various newlywed blogs out there that I read daily. One I read daily (Kelly's Korner) is hosting a "Show Us Your Wedding Dress" event today and I couldn't pass it up!

Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those brides who wanted to try on every dress possible to find "the one". I actually dreaded the wedding dress search entirely because I didn't think I'd find something simple (& inexpensive) enough.

"The One"

After much coaxing, I caved & decided I'd go to one place in hopes to find my dress. With my MOH, my mom, future mother-in-law, & future sister-in-law in tow, we arrived at David's Bridal with one hope in mind -- find my wedding dress!

One of the (reject) dresses I tried on.

3 hours later, I had tried on over 20 dresses (everything from a poofy, ballgown dress to a sleek, body hugging dress) and I had found my dress! And everyone agreed that it was the perfect fit & style for me. With no hesitation, we made the purchase and walked out of the store with no regrets.

My dress during alterations.

On our wedding day, I couldn't wait to put on my dress! Once I stepped into my dress, all the stress & cares of the days (& months) leading up were swept away. I finally felt like a real bride!

Putting on my dress.

Sam & I - 6.27.08

No comments:

Post a Comment