Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Recap: Weddings & Birthdays Edition

Our weekend began Friday evening with a little gathering of friends (sorry, no pictures were taken) . Tim, Kelly, & Ben came over after work for a little homemade pizza party at our house. Kelly & I have been trying to get together for a couple weeks and my birthday served up a good reason to do just that. There was good food & good conversation. Ultimately, a good evening all around!

On Saturday, we woke up early & were on the road to Bend before 8am. Our first stop in Bend was a little visit with our favorite baby - Levi Heater (and his mom, Michelle, of course) ! Sam came up with a great nickname for Levi - '501' - and I couldn't love it more!

Levi enjoyed giving me smiles & funny eyebrow raises.

Sam & '501'.

After the visit, we went to my mom's house and helped her move stuff into the garage. She was so thankful to have her strong son-in-law there to lift the heavy items. Go Sam! Then we got all dressed up for the reason for the visit - Shelby & Justin's wedding!

All dressed up!

A beautiful view.

Mr. & Mrs. Francis!

Krisie & I - friends since we were 2.

The first dance.

Today (Sunday) I turned 24. I don't necessarily feel older, but saying I'm '24' now feels old for some reason. It was great to be in Bend with my mom, brother, & husband for my actual birthday and they spoiled me with thoughtful gifts, including jewelry, this piece of art, serving pieces, clothes, & a sewing machine!!! They also took me out to breakfast before Sam & I headed back over the mountain.

Birthday breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a very nice weekend!! You look beautiful all dressed up for the wedding!!
    -jen lula
    www.jenloveskev.com

    ReplyDelete