Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Field Trip: Bend

This weekend we headed over to see my mom one last time before her move and pick up a car full of items she didn't want to take with her. Sadly, Sam & I hadn't been to Bend since Thanksgiving so a trip over was well overdue!


Once we arrived, my mom & I left Sam at her house to watch the end of the Blazer game and we headed downtown for a coffee date with one of my very first friends & her mom. Good coffee + lots of catching up = a great time!


Then we made a quick (but necessary) stop at the Old Mill for a little retail therapy, followed by picking up Sam and heading over to see my little brother off to prom!




By the time we finished taking pictures, our stomachs were telling us it was dinner time. And my mom picked one of my favorite places to go - McMenamin's St. Francis School. I return on almost all my visits because they have the BEST baked macaroni I've ever tasted (and you can see what I mean because I even blogged about it a couple years ago) !

After dinner, we swung by Best Buy so Sam could help advise my mom on finding a DSLR camera. Then it was home to relax and watch a movie.

For breakfast we went to McKay Cottage, which was both delicious and filling. Then it was time for goodbyes, but not before some family-self portraits. :)


Since I haven't lived in Bend for almost two years (not to mention I own a home with my husband in Salem) and my mom is moving to another state, Bend will now become a vacation spot like I often hear it referred to. But I will remember this trip as the last time I went "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment