Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Bullets



  • This week was sort of a bag of mixed emotions.
  • Last weekend, we had a couple guests come stay with us - my MIL, SIL, and adorable niece (my FIL & BIL were at a retreat) - and it felt great to have the house full of people.
  • We read books, climbed the stairs, played with little “guys”, took a walk, and looked at photo albums of baby Charlotte.
  • Fun for all!
  • At least until Monday, when my mood changed.
  • While waiting for a meeting to start first thing Monday morning, I was asked the question I have been dreading for the last few months…
  • “How’s that baby of yours doing?”
  • As I mentioned on Twitter, I feel like I held it together pretty well, simply answering that she didn’t make it, but boy if it didn’t feel like my heart was being ripped out of my chest.
  • Of course the person who asked had no idea what had happened and felt really bad for asking, which makes me feel sad as well, and I knew this question would be asked, I just wasn't expecting it would hurt so much.
  • Tuesday also marked 3 months since we met our baby girl, obviously another hard day.
  • I spent a lot of the day thinking about Charlotte and the milestones she’d be reaching this month, which always makes me a little more sad than usual.
  • My day ended on a good note with attending my first Influence Network class.
  • I want to write a whole post about it, but in case I don’t, I want it to be said that Raechel’s class on Loving & Being Loved through Loss was exactly what my heart desired to hear this week!
  • Not only was the topic near & dear to my heart, but the class setting with live video, a PowerPoint presentation, and chat boxes to allow interaction between all attendees was great too.
  • I am looking forward to checking out all the blogs & resources that were mentioned.
  • Speaking of blogs, I did want to share a few of my favorite posts from this week.
    • I really don’t pay too much attention to how many people actually read my blog, but I do know my blog isn’t that popular for one reason – I haven’t received my first mean comment.  That might sound weird to some of you, but I have seen many posts in regards to how mean some people can be towards a blogger’s post and that just makes me sad.  Lindsay at Hello Hue shared what she’s learned about dealing with the ugly side of the online community, which had some great ideas and was really well put.
    • Google Reader announced this week that it’ll be shutting down this summer and a lot of people posted about where they’d read their blogs from after GR is gone.  Nina of According to Nina wrote a great post about switching over to Feedly that seems not only easy, but quick.  I think I might even make the change before summer starts.
    • Mandy from House of Rose shared the 9 things she can’t live without at a blog conference and I found it really helpful, even if I haven’t been to one to know what they are like.  I’ve starred this post for future reference and hope I get to use her advice one day… (maybe in September for the Influence Conference J)
  • We’re off to the coast for the weekend to hang out with my in-laws and celebrate some belated birthdays.
  • Even though it’s not supposed to be very nice, I’m still looking forward to getting away for a few days to read by the fire, play games, and engage in good conversation.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hugs. Just hugs. Because we all need them, and I know we don't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete