Thursday, March 20, 2014

{Less Than} One Month To Go...

We're officially under the one month mark.

In less than a month, we will finally get to meet the little guy who's been bouncing around inside me for the last nine months...the one we've been praying for since before we even knew he existed.

And my emotions are flying!

I'm... ecstatic to meet him; sad his sister isn't here with us; worried something might go wrong at the last second; and feeling every bit of "first parent" nerves, to say the least.  I'd say it sounds like I'm pretty fun to be around, huh?

Despite my emotions taking over my thoughts, we've also been working on getting those last minute items crossed off our list:

*Setting up the nursery
*Installing the car seat & packing our hospital bags
*Filling out paperwork (for the hospital, insurance companies, etc.)
*Scheduling newborn photos

And while people keep suggesting how time is going to slow down in these last couple weeks, I'm desperately trying to savor these precious moments of Sam & I before our focus turns towards this little one. [We experienced this shift in focus briefly when Charlotte arrived.  And even though we left the hospital with empty arms, our thoughts (and hearts) were still filled with someone new, we just didn't have the physical demands in front of us.]

So (as long as everything goes as planned) on April 16, we'll wake up and head to the hospital just the two of us [with Charlotte in our hearts & memory], and by the end of the day, our lives will be forever changed with this little one God has placed in our lives! 

Insert: all the emotions...

Calvin Philip, we can't wait to meet you!

Personalized Jellycat bunny + pacifier clip from Peekawhoo

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and you embark on this new chapter. I am praying for you over these few weeks. That you would feel at peace and know that you and baby Calvin are so loved and cared for.

    Also...where did the time go? I can't believe he's going to be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! I love his name and I'm excited that I got to "know" it before the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very excited for you, friend. April 16th will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete