Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Goals

Where did March go?

Between finishing some bigger projects at work, preparing our home for Calvin, and the cold that lasted too long (a couple weeks), I'm not too surprised we're already in April.  However, I was able to accomplish most of the goals I had set for the month, so I'm calling the month a win.

March Recap:
  1. Read two books this month: Tim Keller's "The Meaning of Marriage" and "Daring Greatly" by Brené Brown. Semi-complete.  When I made this goal, I was worried it'd be hard to read two books at the same time, yet these two ended up really complimenting each other, in my opinion. I hope to share my thoughts on "Daring Greatly" soon, as it was really eye-opening for me, but my thoughts on "The Meaning of Marriage" will have to wait a little longer (we're going through this one with our church, so I decided to hold off on finishing so we could continue with our church).
  2. Go through & clean/organize/purge from every room in our house. Check!  This was one goal I was thankful to have made because it forced me to not just talk about cleaning & organizing, but actually do it.  We managed to go through every room and closet and took at least three trips to Goodwill & listed a couple things on Craigslist.
  3. And for Lent - I am putting myself on a shopping freeze. So far, so good.  This is probably been the most difficult goal since I'm a fan of shopping & finding good deals, but this has already taught me a lot about the way I shop --- I tend to buy because I find a good deal, not because I necessarily need it.  And that just leaves me with a lot of "stuff" that I end up having to purge later on (see #2).  I have purchased a few things, but they have either been things we need (for the house) or birthday gifts for other people.

April Goals*:
  1. Finish "The Meaning of Marriage" by Tim Keller.
  2. Continue my shopping freeze for Lent.
  3. Spend some quality time with Sam before Calvin arrives --- I'm not sure how this will look, but I'm thinking no phones, no TV, just him & I enjoying each other.
*Keeping it simple this month as we welcome Calvin & adjust to our new life :)

Linking up with Hayley of The Tiny Twig.

3 comments:

  1. I am keeping it simple this month too :) Sometimes that's the best when a big transition is coming your way. So excited about baby Calvin's soon arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Daring Greatly, too! I look forward to reading your review! Have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, shopping freeze! I need to try this. best wishes!

    ReplyDelete