Monday, April 14, 2014

Teachers Really Do Change Lives!




Growing up, school was a given.  Something I went to every day for over twenty years without much question or objection.  I never dreaded it or fought to stay home, but I chalk that up to the passionate teachers I had from day one who made learning fun and new.

As I think back, I did find it hard to go from one grade to the next because I wasn't sure what teacher the following year would bring.  But in hindsight, I didn't have much to worry about as each year brought another driven teacher who's goals were the same as the last - to teach us and teach us well.

Just this year, my brother-in-law received his first teaching position and I've had a chance to see some behind-the-scenes work that goes into teaching.  It's been amazing to watch as he prepares his lessons and celebrates each of his students' progresses and successes, however big or small they may be.  The drive to help his students learn even the basics blows me away, yet it doesn't surprise me because I can clearly see the passion he has for what he does.  And Office Depot is seeing this same thing happening all over the country!

By teaming up with Adopt-A-Classroom, Office Depot has set out to find teachers across America who go above and beyond for their students day in and day out without asking for anything in return.  Their hope is to raise awareness about teachers and all that they do in the lives of their students.  It's not an easy job, but it's simple to see how teachers are changing the lives of their students every day.

Take a look at this video to see how these students' teachers have impacted their lives and inspired their future:



Testimonies like this video really give me hope for my children and their future education.  Every little thing makes a difference and teachers are really doing innovative things in the classroom to engage with students of all levels, so consider helping them by donating to their classroom or nominating them today!



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment