Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May Goals

It's probably no surprise that April felt like a total blur...

Thankfully the goals I set were simple because bringing a baby into this world was a lot of work! And May is already all about surviving, so don't be surprised when you see my goals below.  But first, let's look back on April.

April Recap:

1. Finish "The Meaning of Marriage" by Tim Keller. Check! Our church finished it's series going through this book and I really enjoyed it. This is one I think I'll recommend to friends who are married & single because there is something for everyone!

2. Continue my shopping freeze for Lent. Done. It wasn't easy, but I did it. When I found myself wanting to shop, I tried to turn those thoughts on to something more productive.

3. Spend some quality time with Sam before Calvin arrives... So-so. The two weeks prior to meeting Calvin were filled with preparations and before we knew it, we were meeting our baby boy. I do recall some special times with Sam, dreaming of what life would soon look like, sharing our hopes & dreams with each other, so I'm counting that as quality time.

May Goals:

1. Take a close look at our spending and start looking for ways to cut costs where we can.

2. Speak life into my husband.

3. Continue to learn Calvin's cues AND remember to give myself grace throughout these first few months.

Again, another simple month as far as the number of goals, but they are fairly complex, at least for this new mom.


Linking up with Hayley of The Tiny Twig.

The Tiny Twig

1 comment: