Monday, August 4, 2014
This summer is flying by! I shouldn't be surprised (we've only had one of two weekends at home) and yet here I am, wondering how it's already August.
July was rough when it came to my goals. We were busy with life and the transition to motherhood isn't as easy as I once thought. I really wish I could have crossed more things off (see below), but I'm reminding myself that these are goals with grace. If nothing else, posting these each month and sharing how I fared keeps me accountable & transparent. Both things I am learning I need more of every day...
1. Take a close look at our spending at least once a week (if not more!) and try to stick to a tight budget that Sam & I have agreed upon for the month. --- FAIL. I'm chalking this up to our busy summer, but I'd really like to implement this one this month, maybe with a Saturday morning breakfast date with Sam.
2. Help + support my husband, specifically with his photography business, without being asked to do so. --- So-so. I didn't help with the photography business as much as I'd (or he'd) like, but I feel like I'm slowly starting to get the hang of taking care of our home with a baby.
3. Start transitioning Calvin to sleeping in his own room. --- Another fail. I guess I thought this one would be easier, but I was wrong. Now we are struggling with sleep on all accounts...
4. Post at least one blog post per week on Grable Tales. --- Three out of four weeks isn't a complete fail, but I wish I was able to post more, so this one is going to be repeated this month.
1. Stick to our budget + look at it weekly with Sam.
2. Find ways to support Sam, both at home & with his photography business.
3. Post at least one blog post per week on Grable Tales.
4. Work on getting Calvin on some sort of routine (any tips are welcome!).
Linking up with The Tiny Twig // Goals with Grace