Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Stitch Fix number 10

Since hearing about Stitch Fix over a year ago, I can't help but share about it with those who have asked. If you've been living under a rock and haven't heard of Stitch Fix, here is what you need to know:

1. Sign up & fill out your style profile - a detailed questionnaire for your personal stylist.
2. Schedule your fix & wait (impatiently, if you're like me).
*When your fix ships, you'll be charged the $20 styling fee.
3. Once your fix arrives, try on the items in the comfort of your home with the rest of your clothes.
4. Decide what you're going to keep!
*If you decide to keep anything, the styling fee now becomes a credit.
*If you decide to keep everything, you'll also receive 25% off!
5. Send everything you don't want back to Stitch Fix in their pre-paid bag.

Easy right? I think so!


For my latest fix, I knew the Influence Conference would be right around the corner.  I requested conference appropriate items, that would still transition back into my current lifestyle (staying at home with Calvin), and specifically some dresses, since I felt like my closet was lacking in that area.  Here is what I received:

[left] Gilli Ellee Basketweave Dress + [right] Daniel Rainn Mandie Cut-Out Detail V-Neck Tank

[left] Gilli Dante Polka Dot Faux Wrap Dress + [right] Three Dots Nadhia Drop Waist Fitted Dress
 
[both] Margaret M Emer 'X' Print High Waisted Cropped Pant

Overall thoughts: the tank was cute, but too much money when I'd be wearing it around a slobbery baby; I liked both of the Gilli dresses, but ultimately felt like I wouldn't wear them much after the conference; the Three Dots dress felt wrong on all levels - style, fit, material, etc.; and the high waisted pants were a big surprise for me & were a keeper, especially after I hemmed them [right].

Interested in trying Stitch Fix?  Sign up here!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, I love the tank top and polka dot dress! I'm never sure if I want to keep getting fixes, but then I see the pretties others are getting, and I decide to request one again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at these great pictures!!! love it.

    ReplyDelete