Friday, March 23, 2007

Boy am I thankful. I may not say it enough, but I am so thankful for the people in my life. Outside of my mom, Kelly, and Sam, I rarely express my appreciation to others, but tonight I felt an overriding joy and thankfulness for my fellow India goers… and this is why:

First off, the leaders, the Baldwins, Sarah and Clint – You two are amazing! The love and joy that you have for those around you is unbelievable and I’m so thankful that I have been given the chance to get to know both. You compliment each other greatly and I can’t wait to get to know you further.

Deming – I never thought I would receive the chance to get to know you on a deeper level, but now that I am, it excites me. Your smile and hugs brightens my day. Thank you for that!

Abbot – You are a funny guy! Your sense of humor is such a breath of fresh air that I thoroughly enjoy having you around. I’m also thankful for your caring heart and look forward to getting to know you better.

Jason – You’re very intriguing and while I may not know you well now, I’m betting/hoping we’ll have some good conversations come June!

Ben – CHAPLIN! I’m thankful for you and the fact that you are so friendly and easy to approach. Seeing you in passing still feels like a good conversation and I can’t wait to spend more time around you.

Jamison Loop – I am sorta falling in friendship love with you! I am thankful for your open ears and big heart and curly hair. Thank you for letting me give you great big hugs and being my friend!

Trisha – You are a kick in the pants! I am thankful for your spirit and energy that radiates from you daily. Even when you are having a rough day, you are still able to make someone smile – a very good quality to have, don’t lose it.

Chloe – Thank you for your kind heart! I’m looking forward to learning more about your life and what drives you.

Molly – I am thankful for you because you blow my mind with everything you set out to do. After NOLA I was so proud of you and I can’t wait to see what you can do in India.

Emily – You have been the secret of the group and I mean that in the best way. I wasn’t sure what to think at first, but now I am so happy to have gotten to know you a little bit. Thank you for being passionate and organized, I feel that connection with you!

Court – You are so cool! I just see you around campus and smile because we are friends and you are awesome. You have a beautiful heart and I can’t wait to spend more time talking with you further. Thank you for letting me get to know you!

Hannah-face – My lion haired friend, you are beautiful! Thank you for your hugs and loves. Thank you for your kind heart. Here’s to more good times together!

RA – Thank you for coming up with an awesome nickname for me. Thank you for your good hugs and hellos. Thank you for sharing your heart with me. Let’s be friends for a long time, ok?

And last, but not least, B - I’m so thankful for the love and compassion that shines through you even when you are having a bad day. Your smile can melt my heart and bring me to tears (in a good way). I can’t imagine a time of not knowing you and am so thankful you have become a friend I never want to lose. I admire you immensely!!

Thank you God for this amazing group and I look forward to your plans with all of us. I pray that you give us the strength to endure the rest of the school year and our time leading up to India, as well as during and after. Keep us close and connecting with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment