Sunday, January 11, 2009

This weekend's theme has been visitors!

On Saturday, Sam woke up and headed to work (to put in a few hours of overtime) and I got ready for a day full of baby shopping with some friends from Bend, James and Michelle. I met Michelle when we worked together at Mid Oregon Credit Union in Bend. It took a few months, but now I'd call her a lifelong friend! Michelle even helped "coordinate" my wedding and did a spectacular job. A few months after I left Bend, James and Michelle found out they were pregnant and couldn't have been happier. And right before Christmas, they found out their baby was a little boy! As my first friend who's having a baby, I couldn't be more excited. Since Central Oregon has limited shopping, a trip over here was necessary! We went to the Woodburn Outlets and over to Clackamas and came back with some good purchases. Items off their list: carseat, stroller, crib, dresser, and a few clothing items. I love shopping with other people's money =) We finished the day off with a meal at Olive Garden. Sam joined up with us and we had a good time, with the exception of our service. The food was delicious, but the wait was not.

On Sunday, Sam and I woke up and got ready for church. After church, we were greeted by Sam's brother, Matt, and Sam's parents, Phil and Donna. They were delivering our "Wedding Dresser" (pictures to come...), among a few other items. They also brought Papa Murphy's pizza and we layed around and played Pinocle. Sam's dad and brother beat Sam and I, but it was a pretty close game. It's always nice to spend time together and host them at our house.

We enjoyed the visitors we had this weekend. Who wants to come next?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You blogged about me = )!!! And I must say - you left out lots of my preggo drama - thanks! I too consider you a life long friend. It's nice to have a friend who is there for you when you need cheered up, when you need to vent, when you need to shop, and just hang out. You are the best! Thanks so much!!!!

    ~M

    ReplyDelete