Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weekend Update: Back to Bend

Last weekend brought Sam & I back to Bend for the first time since my mom moved away (after over 20 years of living there).

We headed over the mountain on Saturday morning after a delicous breakfast at Busick Court with the Weathers. Once we arrived in Bend, we were a little lost as to what to do, since we couldn't check into our hotel and were early to meet my brother for lunch, but we found something to occupy our time (my favorite - shopping!). First, we stopped by Best Buy for Sam and then proceeded down to The Old Mill Shops for me. And before we knew it, it was time to meet my brother for lunch, which consisted of Red Robin fries & milkshakes.

After saying our goodbyes, we headed to the hotel to get ready for the wedding we were attending that night (the reason for the trip).

The wedding was for one of my high school friends, who I actually became very close to my freshman year in college. It was held on one of Bend's private golf clubs and although being unseasonably cold, it was nice to be there to support my friend as she walked down the isle.

Sunday brought family, food, & lots of driving! We headed out of Bend after breakfast so we could make it up to my in-law's for Fathers Day lunch. The meal was delicious and the company was great! We hung around for a while after, then continued on our way home. After a total of 4+ hours of driving, we finally made it home with enough time to relax and rest up some for the week ahead.


While it was a little weird to be in Bend without seeing my mom, it was nice to visit. I was also glad it worked out to be able to honor my FIL for Fathers Day. And cross another busy weekend off our schedules :)

1 comment: