Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Highlights: Pumpkin Carving!

On Saturday, Sam's family {with the exception of my SIL, Krista - hope you're feeling better!} made the trek over to our house for a little pumpkin carving & birthday celebrating. Some of the highlights below:

The creativity was certainly in full force with the pumpkins this year. While some were a little serious about their pumpkins {myself...}, others were just silly - portrayed above by my BIL Matt!

My inspiration came from our pup Lily, using the stencil I posted about a couple weeks ago. It was a lot harder than I anticipated, but turned out pretty cute if you ask me.

And the secret is out {I was given the 'okay' to post on the blog} - I'm going to be an auntie in May!!! The onesie above was a birthday gifts to my SIL for the new baby! To say we are excited is a huge understatement!

Other things not highlighted by pictures:
*Never ending birthday gifts for Laura. {Happy Birthday today sister!!!}
*Crock pot full of homemade chili.
*Mini pumpkin cakes, brownies, & ice cream, oh my!

As usual, the day flew by thanks to this group of people. I am a big fan of holiday traditions with this family and can't wait for next year's carving party!

2 comments:

  1. Meaghan, you are looking gorgeous my friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo on the top :-) And YAY WE'RE GONNA BE AUNTIIEESSS!!!

    ReplyDelete