Monday, August 15, 2011

Because it's Monday...

And apparently I haven't posted for almost two weeks {oops!}, so today I bring you some random thoughts to catch you up a bit.


  • Last weekend, we hosted Sam's family at our house as a little staycation. In addition to his immediate family coming down, we also had his aunt & uncle+ their children. The main reason for the trip was to get a visit to the beach in this year, but we also had our share of relaxing around the house {read: taking turns holding my niece :)}.

  • Speaking of my niece, it's so fun to see her smile & recognize you. I'm not lying when I say I could just stare at her for hours!

  • Lately, I've been blessed with some quality time with friends and have become thankful for the relationships that are growing all around me. Now if only I could spend my days hanging out with these friends instead of working :)

  • Other than time with family & friends, I have also reunited with my crafty side and spent some time with my sewing machine {mainly just alterations}, as well as trying some ideas I have bookmarked on Pinterest. Maybe if some of them turn out, they'll make an appearance on here soon...

  • We recently purchased an iPad and are both really enjoying all that it has to offer. Especially when it comes to reading books {for me}. Over the last couple years, I've found that reading isn't as boring as I once thought, but that with the right story, I can really enjoy reading. Well enter the iPad + it's many book apps and I can pretty much read anything I want without the burden of carrying a ton of books around with me. I'm a fan!

  • With the end of the summer approaching, Sam & I have begun to think about some of the projects/goals we want to complete by next summer, which ultimately means that we need to start saving as much as we can. Hold me!

So I apologize for the silence here at Grable Tales and hope that things get back to normal here soon.


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment