Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering: 9/11/01

{via}



Sadly, there really are not many worldly events that I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, with one big exception --- September 11, 2001.


I remember getting ready for school, like any other day, and my mom calling us into the living room to see something on TV.

I remember the next few hours were spent glued to the news reports and crying along with the rest of the country.

I remember calling my dad almost immediately because at that time he was flying from coast to coast and all I could think about was that he was on one of those flights. {He wasn't flying that day, fortunately.}

I remember wondering how we, as a nation, could move on past this terrible event.


It's hard to believe it's been 10 years already {still feels like yesterday in some ways}, but that day in our history is etched in my mind and I hope I never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment