Thursday, October 6, 2011

How to Be an American Housewife #BHBC

One of this month’s BlogHer Book Club selection was “How to Be an American Housewife” by Margaret Dilloway. At first, I thought it was going to be all about a Japanese woman learning how to become a housewife in order to make the best home for her American husband. But as I continued reading, I found the connection between mother & daughter to stand out more than the housewife aspect.

As I was reading, I found that I resonated a lot with how Sue, the daughter, felt towards her mother. Through the good & the bad, I kept saying to myself, "I've said the same thing" or "I have felt that way too" - not because we had similar backgrounds, but more from the point of view that a mother & daughter bond is generally universal, no matter how you were raised.

This book was a fun read and another one I thoroughly enjoyed. If you'd like to read more reviews or join the book discussion, check out BlogHer's book club page.


While I was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review, all opinions expressed above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment