Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Bullets

A friend of mine (hi Rhi!) frequently posts 'Friday Bullets' on her blog and since I have (sometimes random) things I'd like to post about, I thought I'd follow her lead.

  • I wasn't sure I'd have much to talk about this week, but then by today, I feel like I just needed to rant a little bit.
  • Last weekend started out on a good note with a great girl's night.
  • We laughed, we ate, we drank - what more could you ask for :)
  • I also met up with a college friend for coffee on Saturday, which was just what I needed.
  • As I get older, I'm realizing that quality over quantity is so much better when it comes to friends.
  • For example, I can't possibly invest in hundreds of "friends" and feel fulfilled, but a handful of good people that I love & trust is way more feasible and rewarding in my opinion.
  • In talking to another friend this weekend, I mentioned how I felt like I was having longer periods of time between being sad about Charlotte.
  • Looking back, I think I jinxed msyelf because Tuesday night was a bad one.
  • So many emotions came all at once and all I could do was cry.
  • While the longing to have her here is constant, it feels more intense at times and all we can do is cry.
  • And pray for comfort.
  • After working through some of our feelings, I felt like things were on the up swing again, but then we submitted our taxes and found out that someone else claimed Charlotte as their dependent!
  • I'm still trying to figure out what kind of person would do that...
  • Instead of getting this crossed off our to-do list, I am working on getting all the proper back up needed to prove that she is our dependent, no one else's.
  • My faith in humanity is next to nothing when something like this happens.
  • If you're the praying kind, pray that this can be corrected soon!
  • The only way I can describe my current state of emotions is a roller coaster --- one minute things are fine and the next I'm headed down a 100 foot drop.
  • Hoping we get a break from the roller coaster I call life this weekend.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment