Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hope

Last week, my husband posted this on Facebook:

"Friday afternoon, I bought my wife three flowers. Two of the flowers were yellow and the third was pink. She posted a picture of these on Facebook and a friend commented that the two yellow flowers represented Meaghan and I and the pink flower represented our daughter, Charlotte. Meaghan and I liked this. Today we came home and noticed that the two yellow flowers have wilted and are all but dead, but the pink flower is thriving. This made me very sad, but also gave me hope. While Meaghan and I are heartbroken and grief stricken over the loss of our girl, I believe that God showed us this little vignette of life to reassure us that Charlotte is well taken care of in His hands."


I keep returning to this story because it's a reminder I want to hold close to my heart.  The fact that my husband posted about it at all shows me how strong he is in his faith, which is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going day to day.  

To be honest, there are still many days where all we can do is cry because we miss her so much, but then we are reminded of where our little Charlotte is and the beauty she is surrounded by now with God.  

And that is enough to bring us a little hope, even if it is joined with our sadness.

4 comments:

  1. Such an absolutely beautiful picture of God's continuing grace in your lives. Thankful you have the love of your faith-filled husband as you grieve together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful image. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful words & picture.

    ReplyDelete