Monday, April 16, 2007

My roommate freakin' rocks!!!!

That's right, she gave one of the most amazing speeches in chapel this morning and although I had already heard it three times, it still made me laugh and cry and fall in love with her all over again.

Today, I have really loved watching everyone tell her she's did an amazing job and that they feel the same way because to me, that's who she is. She affects people (for the good) all the time, but I feel like she rarely sees/feels it. She's one of best people I know... wait, WHAT? I CANNOT LEAVE HER IN TWO WEEKS!! AM I OUT OF MY MIND? =(

As the last post said, "I'll keep you posted..." on how I'm doing with making last dates to hang out, well I can't do it. I don't want to do it. I don't want to leave these people. I just don't want to. Not yet. Maybe not ever...

Boy, sometimes I feel like a big baby. Like I'm making this harder then it has to be. But then I'm reminded that those friends I am crying about leaving are actually doing the same thing... that's got to mean something right? Right? Gosh, I hope so!

Yesterday, Kelly and I had our first together cry about this whole graduation business... We were driving home from the airport and I said something about next weekend being the last real weekend to hang out and we both lost it. Probably not a good thing when you are driving, but I couldn't help it. She's changed my life and I want to follow her to the ends of the world and back... and I would do it, except she's off to save the world and that doesn't seem to be in my plans right now. Hopefully she'll come back to me someday and we can reminisce and love on each other for days and days.

There are so many other people who I just want to slide into their pocket and stay forever. Sometimes I feel like I am a shadow, but now I really want to be, just so I can hang out with the cool people I just met (but should have met sooner...dang it).

Maybe this whole graduation thing isn't a big deal. Maybe we'll all stay in contact. Maybe we'll all come back together and live in community with our families. Maybe we'll be in love forever. Maybe.

That's the hope. That's the dream. I guess we'll just see where we all end up and go from there...

1 comment: