Monday, April 16, 2007

What a restful/fun weekend...

First, I went to my only class on Friday and worked on our Quaker Apparel presentation... boy, am I happy that I'll be done with it all come Wednesday night! Overall, I'm excited to stand up and share with those who attend all the hard work we've put into this project. Thank goodness for good team members!

Then I made the journey over to Sam's. That boy makes me feel loved, which is good because I'm marrying him =) We had a nice day of lounging around and playing with the dogs. When I said goodbye and drove home for the night, part of my heart was definitely left with him...

I woke up around 9 on Saturday and then Kel and I drove to the airport to pick up CHAD! Last Wednesday him and myself had talked about coming to surprise Kelly because she was receiving an award this weekend and instead we decided we would tell her and she was so excited, so he was here and it was awesome!!!! But sadly I could only hang out with the two of them for a short while before yet another India fundraiser -- a carwash!

So the carwash went good and we made a good chunk of money (in my opinion), so yay for Team India! But I have to admit by the end of the day I was ready to stop getting wet and stop cleaning cars and go home. On the drive back from Sherwood, I held Bethany's hand and didn't want to let go... two weeks isn't enough. Four years hasn't been enough. Why is it almost over? =(

When I got home, Bethany had a chance to meet Chad and the three of us baked mini cupcakes (which were actually for Chad's surprise party happening later that night, but he had no idea =) Kelly was also MIA because she was at a funeral). Kelly came home shortly after and we hung out some more. Then Kel and I went over to Marie's for a Mary Kay/Bridesmaids night. We got all dolled up and it was ridiculous (in a good way)! From there, we came back to the apartment to implement the "Project Chad: Surprise Party!"

The plan was for Kelly to take Chad on a walk and then people would come over and on Kelly's way home she would text/call me so I knew to prepare everyone for the big "SURPRISE", but sadly the plan failed. Kelly and Chad did go on their walk, but both of them forgot to take their phones so there was no notice before they came home. To say the least, Chad was still surprised and had a chance to meet some of the people Kelly talks about often. Despite being nervous to meet her friends, Chad did wonderfully and everyone loved him (just like I said they would!!!!!). All and all, a great day/night!

On Sunday, I slowly woke up and started some homework in bed. After a while, I got ready for Kelly's award banquet. Being the amazing woman that she is, she had been one of four seniors to receive the C.W. Perry Award and we all went to cheer her on/support her! This was the big reason for Chad planning this random trip and I think he was thrilled to be there supporting her. From the banquet, Chad, Kelly, and I went and got sandwiches at Fred Meyers and went and had a picnic. It was beautiful out and the company was great, even though I sort of felt like a third wheel... oh well! Then we took Chad to the airport and said our goodbyes. I really like that kid so it was hard to say goodbye. Maybe he'll come visit Kelly again and I can say hi sometime... we'll see.

Now it's back to homework and the last two weeks of my college career. If only I could go back four years and do it all over again... I would do it. Call me crazy, but it sounds much better than leaving these people whom I love so much. Maybe I can fit in all the last hangout sessions, all the last coffee dates, all the last snuggles in before these two weeks are up -- I hope I can do it! I'll keep you posted...

1 comment: