Monday, October 27, 2008

When I am reading blogs, I love when I can find one that I really relate to. Sometimes I know the person who is writing the blog and sometimes I don't, but that doesn't stop me from relating and really enjoying what I'm reading. I recently came across a blog (through a friend's blog) where someone was asked what they actually do on a daily basis and I could relate, since being far away from friends & family and Sam being one of the only people to know what I actually do. Therefore, I am now giving you my "5 to 5" =)

5:00 am - Peacefully sleeping.

5:15 am - Alarm goes off for husband to get up. Puppies jump up on to the bed (if they haven't already) to snuggle for a little big longer.

5:45 am - Husband leaves for work.

6:00 am - Alarm goes off for me to get up. Puppies continue to snuggle in the covers while I take a shower.

6:25 am - Head downstairs for some "wake-up" time. This usually includes feeding the said puppies (who have decided they can tear themselves away from our bed for food), feeding myself, and checking e-mails & blogs. I enjoy this time in the morning!

6:30 am - Receive e-mail from husband, wishing me a good day. Love those!

6:55 am - Realize that I should finish getting ready so I can get to work on time (usually 10 minutes early). Puppies follow me upstairs to continue cuddling in the bed. I brush my teeth and finish getting ready.

7:10 am - Take puppies into the garage/kennel and gather my belongings for the day.

7:12 am - Off to work I go...

7:22 am - Log on to my computer and clock-in. Immediately begin my morning duties.

10:00 am - Finish highlighting my daily report & checking accounts; Begin e-mails to branches...

10:50 am - Finish e-mails (not the fun kind, the kind that says the same thing over and over again...not so much fun) and go on break to read.

11:15 am - Return from break, sadly, because I've been reading some good books lately and would much rather read all day then sit in front of the computer.

11:16 am - Check e-mail responses and record on previously mentioned daily report.

12:00 pm - Go to lunch. Monday - Thursday, I have lunch in the lunch room and read more. Friday, husband and I go out to lunch - it's the best part of the week!

1:00 pm - Wait for more e-mail responses and input them into the computer system.

2:30 pm - Move on to afternoon duties - mail items.

3:16 pm - Recieve e-mail from husband asking me to tell him a funny story because he only has 14 minutes left of work.

4:10 pm - Wish it was 4:30 pm so I could go home too...

4:30 pm - Time to go home!!!

4:42 pm - Arrive home to husband & puppies.

5:00 pm - Cuddle in for a night of dinner, TV shows, & time with husband & puppies!

Now, this isn't an ideal dream day or anything, but it is a typical day for myself. And if you didn't know already, I love structure, so this time break down is heaven to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment