Sunday, December 21, 2008

So, we didn't make it to Sandy. We actually only made it 15 miles outside of Salem before we turned around and headed back home. I was very bummed. I knew it was bad out there, but I was trying to convince myself that it wasn't as bad as they were saying, but it is. Now I'm worried about Christmas eve... we're suppose to go to Sandy to spend the night with Sam's family, but that might not happen due to the weather. When realizing this, I believe my words were, "Now there will be no Christmas!" Maybe a little dramatic, but I want to be with family on Christmas. Once again, snow = no good.

Because of my sadness, we went to Lowes and bought a tree. We had originally been waiting until after Christmas for the sales, but we ended up getting one for 50% off and it made me feel a little better. We brought it home and I decorated it with my ornaments (Sam's are still at his parents) and love the way it looks. Matt even had the idea of the family coming down to Salem for Chirstmas since we can't make it up there. We'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment