Sunday, December 28, 2008

This weekend we went to Bend.
Since Sam and I had to work the day after Christmas, it didn't make sense to travel to Bend for Christmas eve/day this year, so we went this weekend. We thought it would be best, since my mom had nothing going on and my brother was home from school. At the last minute, Dan decided to go to the coast with his girlfriend's family, so it was just my mom, Sam, and I.

It only took 3 hours to make it over the pass, but the roads were not pleasant. They were covered with snow and little gravel. I said a little prayer that we'd make it over the pass and we did, safe and sound! When we got to Bend, Sam and I were starving so we took my mom out to Red Robin and had a nice lunch together. Then we hit the Old Mill shops and made our way home. When we got home, we opened our presents and watched a few Christmas movies. My mom made a delicious dinner with all the trimmings - ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, salad, and rolls. We definitely ate too much! Another Christmas movie and some dessert ended the night. The next morning was pretty lazy. My mom went over and above for breakfast too - we're spoiled when we see her! We left around 12pm to make it over the pass before anything got too bad. It only took 2 1/2 hours back, which wasn't bad. The bad part was when a flying rock decided to hit my windshield... bummer deal! I've driven back and forth over the pass for over 6 years and I've been lucky enough not to have any windshield damage until today.

Besides the windshield ordeal, the weekend was great. I was sad to leave my mom, but can't wait to see her again soon (I hope). Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment