Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another busy weekend...

Don't get me wrong, I love keeping busy & seeing people I love, but this weekend felt like I was running from one place to the next until Sunday evening.

Friday night: finally rented Marley & Me and cried my eyes out...
Saturday morning: Sam & I got up early, early, early and went to the gym. Then we scooted back home in order for me to get on my way to Bend by 9am.

Saturday: got to Bend around 11:15 and met my mom at Target. We ran some errands and then headed to Redmond for a baby shower. Fun to see Kaity before little Jaxson gets here! I also got to see Michelle (the baby shower from last month) before her little guy gets here. Still hard to believe my friends are having babies.

Saturday night: my mom took me out to dinner at one of my favorite places, McMenamins. Then we went to a reading for the non-profit she helps with. I believe the show was called "What I know now" and revolved around letters written to your younger self with the knowledge & experience you have now. There were letters from famous people, as well as community members. My mom had taken a class and one of her letters were read out loud by an actress from Bend. It was very powerful and there were tears & laughter and I'm so happy I was able to attend.

Sunday morning: unfortunately, I had to get on the road back to Salem at 9am, so on my way I went.

Sunday: Sam & I had been talking about going to the Tulip Festival in Woodburn, but Sunday happened to be the nicest day in a few weeks, so everyone else's plan was the same. We also were planning on meeting my friends, Jon & Rachel, at the festival, but they had a time restraint and the lines were ridiculous. Instead, Sam & I just headed to Newberg (our old stomping grounds =)) and met Jon & Rachel for lunch. It was so nice to catch up and enjoy the company.

Sunday night: Sam & I got home around 4pm from Newberg, after making a stop at Lowes to pick up some lawn necessities. I then proceeded to plop myself on the couch and not move much until it was time for bed.

I had a great weekend, just a busy one. I was able to see so many people and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment