Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday Wish List

When it comes to the kitchen, I'm a baker. I don't mind cooking, but give me a recipe that involves baking and I'm happy! Cookies, cakes, pies, & cupcakes. I love them all! So I'm not too surprised (and my family & friends shouldn't be either) that this week's Wednesday Wants is another cookie cutter.



I love Fleur de Lis ANYTHING!

An abridged version on my love of Fleur de Lis' stems back to my life-changing trip to New Orleans in 2005, 6 1/2 months after Huricane Katrina devestated the Gulf Coast. With the symbol of New Orleans plastered everywhere, it's hard not to think back on what we saw & expereienced while down South.

I'd decorate my whole home in Fleur de Lis' if I could, but alas, I don't want to be THAT person. So instead, I'll lust after this cookie cutter in hopes that I can make them for everyone I know someday.

P.S. I once went to a bakery down in Eugene that sold these Fleur de Lis shapped cookies & desperately wanted to buy them all instantly. This cookie cutter would definitely be a cheaper way to go, instead of buying all the cookies. =)

3 comments:

  1. the Fleurs de Lys are my favorite! I put them everywhere in my house! Did you know this flower was the symbol of one of the greatest french king? I visited his castle a few years ago and Lys were everywhere !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, just came across the blog and wantd to say hi!

    ReplyDelete