Friday, June 26, 2009

A Week of Anniversaries

Two years ago, I was just beginning to dive into the wedding planning process. I had graduated from college, went to India, and secured a job in Bend. The location part of the wedding process was probably the easiest. I had the location picked out in my mind even before I was engaged, but due to the popularity of the place, you could only reserve your wedding date a year in advance. Once we decided on a Summer 2008 wedding, we contacted the location. Of course all the Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays in July & August were booked almost instantly, but June had a few open spots, one in particular: Friday, June 27. That was it! That was our wedding day and with our deposit in, we could really start the planning.

It wasn't until I had announced the wedding date to family & friends that my (now) brother-in-law, Josh, pointed out something that we will always hold special. Between Sam's parents, two pairs of aunts & uncles, his sister & brother-in-law, and now us, all of our anniversaries fall within a 5-day window of each other. And if that wasn't special enough, they are all on 5-year increments. See below for the break down:

Phil & Donna (Sam's parents) : June 24
Andy & Gina (Sam's uncle & aunt) : June 25
Bill & Sandy (Sam's uncle & aunt) : June 26
Sam & I (first anniversary tomorrow!) : June 27
Josh & Laura (Sam's brother-in-law & sister) : June 28

As cheesey as this all is, it makes me happy to know I fall within a week of some couples who are great examples of a happy marriage.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's crazy - June is a popular time of year to get married. I didn't realize, I share an anniversary date with your brother and sister-in-law. If they are all in 5 year increments, I bet they got married in '03 making even the same day. Funny!

    ReplyDelete