Friday, June 10, 2011

Scenes from Austin, TX





I imagine this wasn't what you thought you'd see after reading the title of this post, but these were the scenes from my recent trip to Austin, TX and I loved every minute of it!

See, one of my best friends recently moved to TX to chase a dream her & her husband had and while I was very excited for her, my heart was sad because I wouldn't get to see her as often. However, when I got the call that said best friend was pregnant {with baby #2}, the best excuse to visit her had now appeared.

So that's what I did, I boarded a plane over Memorial Day weekend and arrived just days after baby Selah's arrival! Simply put, my days were mainly spent running errands, playing in a band with a 2 year old rock star {who's "Auntie Meaghan" sounded more like "Handy Manny" :)}, and holding the baby whenever I possibly could. If you ask me, it was {honestly} my kind of vacation!

Thank you James & Michelle for opening your home to me, espcially during this huge change in your lives, and I can't wait to come back! Maybe I'll see some of the real scenes of Austin next time...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we were so blessed to have you here!!! You are an amazing friend to come all the way to TX and just sit around with me. Levi still talks about his 'Handy Manny' <3

    ReplyDelete