Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why Women Need Fat #BHBC

When I was younger, I don’t remember worrying about getting enough exercise because my parents did a good job kepping us active and involved in sports. And as for food, I was always fed and happy, so I never thought anything of it. It wasn’t until I entered college {and was on my own for the first time} when I realized how important those two things actually are for your body and health.

Now, almost 8 years later, enter “Why Women Need Fat” by William D. Lassek, M.D. and Steven J.C. Gaulin, Ph.D. This book was a big eye opener for me because between college and now, I was under the impression that dieting was the only way to lose unwanted weight and become “healthy” again. Boy was I wrong!

At first, I didn't know if this book was for me – I wasn’t dieting and I felt like I was in good shape – but the more I read, the more I learned. From chapters about why and how we got fatter to even more about achieving your natural weight through food & exercise, this book seemed to cover it all. And before I knew it, I was thinking of ways to change my current, so-called healthy lifestyle to one that may actually benefit me in the years to come.

To see what others had to say and join in the discussions, head over to BlogHer’s Book Club now!


While I was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review, all opinions expressed above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment