Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Bullets

A friend of mine (hi Rhi!) frequently posts 'Friday Bullets' on her blog and since I have (sometimes random) things I'd like to post about, I thought I'd follow her lead.

  • Well it's Friday, which means I made it through my first week back at work.
  • For most, this wouldn't seem like a big deal, but when you've lost your only child less than a month prior (as well as undergone major abdominal surgery), this is a big accomplishment in my book.
  • And it wasn't easy... let's just say that majority of Tuesday was spent in tears.
  • However, I would like it to be known that I'm hanging in there.
  • Other than work, I've been trying to keep myself busy when I get home in the evenings.
  • Sometimes that involves working out (or at least trying to...) and sometimes that involves getting caught up on television shows.
  • The shows usually win.
  • Because of people want to help us during this time, we've been receiving some amazing dinners, without much work.
  • Thank you to all those who have fed us over the last couple weeks!
  • This weekend, we're going up to see Sam's family and celebrate his grandparent's 80th & 85th birthdays.
  • I pray I can be as active & upbeat as they are at their age.
  • And Sam is also meeting with a couple who would like to talk to him about photographing their wedding!!!
  • That last bullet deserves three explanation points because that's a big deal for this new photographer (Sam!) and his biggest fan/PR rep (me!).
  • Which reminds me... I should showcase his new site on here soon.
  • Anyone in Oregon looking for a photographer, let me know!

What are your plans this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment