Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Bullets

A friend of mine (hi Rhi!) frequently posts 'Friday Bullets' on her blog and since I have (sometimes random) things I'd like to post about, I thought I'd follow her lead.

  • While time feels like it's been standing still lately, I'm a little surprised it is Friday already.
  • Maybe it flew by because of the shorter work week.
  • Or maybe there was more going on than usual.
  • I went to my last appointment up at Legacy this week, which was hard on a number of levels.
  • For one, returning to the place where I met and said good bye to my daughter will probably never be easy.
  • Either is reliving what happened to her (even though I long to talk about her as a person all the time...)
  • Our reminders of Charlotte come in many forms and I felt comfort & hope in reading this post from someone who has walked a similar path as the one we are currently on.
  • While I couldn't help but wonder where we'll be five years from now, I was reassured once again that Charlotte will forever be a part of our lives.
  • I was also reminded how important it is to treasure my marriage this week via this post.
  • To be honest, I haven't done a lot to take care of it over the last couple months which makes me sad.
  • I want to change that!
  • Lately, most of my focus has been on my spiritual & emotional self, so I gave Pilates a try for the first time this week (thanks to a recommendation from my SIL) to help take care of my physical self.
  • Let's just say my strength isn't what it used to be... ouch! 
  • Tonight I am getting together with some of my girlfriends for dinner.
  • These girls have been there for me through out this current stage of life and seen me at my worst.
  • I hope to keep my tears to a minimum and try to laugh & enjoy myself again.

What are your plans this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment