Friday, January 11, 2013

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

Once we knew Charlotte's days were numbered, the most important thing for us was to spend as much time with our little girl as we could.  Thankfully Sam's sister stepped up and helped us take care of a lot of the details we couldn't handle, including lining up a photographer from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep to come take family pictures of the three of us before it was too late.


I'm not sure how many people are aware of this non-profit, but NILMDTS "trains, educates, and mobilizes professional quality photographers to provide beautiful heirloom portraits to families facing the untimely death of an infant."  I recall hearing about them when Megan of In This Wonderful Life mentioned having them done when her son passed away, but I didn't think I would ever need their services.  However, I am so thankful someone else thought of them for us.


 On Friday, December 21st, our NILMDTS photographer, Jamie Forsythe, came in quietly and left us alone to cherish our last moments with Charlotte and although we were in the worst situation of our lives, Jamie was able to snap some beautiful pictures that we'll now cherish forever.


I sincerely pray that no one is ever faced with being in a situation like ours, but if someday someone you know is facing their last days with their precious baby, please remember NILMDTS for them because they will thank you later.


I was not compensated for my thoughts, just wanted to share some of the beautiful pictures we have to remember our beautiful Charlotte.

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos! I'm so glad you guys have these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family. Thanks for sharing the photos. She was a precious baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such precious memories of your beautiful baby Charlotte. Our lives are so enriched having known this little angel. Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning. I'm so glad such an organization exists, as heartbreaking as it is.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meaghan, what beautiful and special photos these are. I am sure you will treasure them forever. I am so glad that your SIL was able to arrange for you all to have these taken.

    Hope your first day back at work went well today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your sweet Charlotte with us. My friend Becky Joyce sent me your blog. I am also a photographer for NILMDTS. I am so, so, so glad you were able to have someone from NILMDTS take photos for you. It is a wonderful organization to be a part of. Praying for you & your family. My heart breaks for you. Looking forward to following your journey. May our God of peace & comfort wrap his arms around you & your husband.

    ReplyDelete