Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year

With a week of 2013 already behind us, I thought I'd better share a couple of my goals for the year (for accountability sake) before the newness wears off.

Last year, I created a Leap List with ten goals that I wanted to complete before our next big life change (starting a family). This year, I decided to try to shorten my list and focus on fewer things in hopes that I might accomplish more.

So in 2013, I'd like to:

*Read through the Bible at least once
*Pay off my student loans
*Run a 5K

None of these goals have a specific deadline, but I think that's what I like most about them. With just getting through the most emotional & trying year of my life, I'm hoping to not put too much expectation on this upcoming year (easier said than done, right?) and instead focus on myself and putting my trust in what God has already planned for us.


Do you have goals or resolutions for this year?

2 comments:

  1. Do you have the You Version Bible App on your phone? They have reading plans and I just completed a 250 day one called Prof. Homer's Bible Reading System. You read through the entire Bible in less than a year - I really however long it takes you. You do 10 chapters a day, some longer than others, some shorter. It's a nice way to do it because you get snippets instead of "drowning" in some of the "heavier" books =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great list of goals! I have a long-ish list and I'm sad to say I'm failing on some of them already. Discouraging!

    ReplyDelete