Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Thoughts

After pouring all my emotions & thoughts into this week's post, I'm just here with some note-worthy links from the last week.

  • One of the blogs that has been both a resource & a comfort for me after Charlotte's passing has been In This Wonderful Life.  Megan is a mom of three - boy/girl twins and an angel in heaven.  This week she shared a powerful video about the importance of newborn screening, which is even more prominent because of what she went through with her first child.  I'd recommend everyone to watch this & share with anyone who might have a baby in the future.
  • Another post that touched close to home this week was Diana's post about the grieving and how difficult that can be.  She said it perfectly when she said, "I am tired of the process of grieving, the energy it takes. Yet I look back and realize just how far I’ve come in nearly a year. I made it. I survived." and that's just the kind of hope I need when I feel like the grief has taken over my life for good.
  • My friend Lindsey (who I can't wait to meet in person this September!) wrote a great post on fear this week that felt like the words were taken right from my heart.  Looking back over the last few years, I can see where fear has taken over my life in some situations and now I realize that that's not a life I want to live.  It's comforting to know that I am not alone in these struggles too.

So that’s what I’m thinking about this week.  What's grabbed your attention this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment