Monday, February 3, 2014

Stitch Fix: Pregnant Edition #2


Last December, I requested a Stitch Fix when I was 20 weeks pregnant.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but hoped that I'd receive some items that would help carry me through the rest of my pregnancy.  Unfortunately, I only ended up keeping the scarf and just chalked it up to my body being in "transition" for the rest of the items.

After that fix, I didn't plan on scheduling another one until after the baby arrived, but to be honest, I couldn't stay away!  I had received some credits from referring others to Stitch Fix and they were beginning to burn a whole in my virtual pocket.

So I scheduled my next Fix and submitted a few requests that I hoped to see in my box - plaid, open sweaters, & a black scarf (all of which I received) - and waited to see what my stylist would pick out for me!

 Olson Cotton Open Draped Plaid Shirt by Ellison

I've been looking for a fitted, button down plaid shirt and knew that I wouldn't find one that I could button up over my growing bump, but had hoped that I would find one I could wear open now & button later.  My stylist sent this because they didn't have a button up version in my size and had hoped this would work instead, but I decided to continue looking for what I actually want instead of settling...

Sophia Chunky Knit Infinity Scarf by Paula Bianco

Another requested item - I wanted to love this scarf, but felt so overwhelmed when I put this on (see photo).  I just which it wasn't so chunky...

Jason Asymmetrical Zip Up Jacket by Kensie

I received an asymmetrical jacket in my last fix and found it too fitted and tight, especially over my growing bump (I couldn't even zip it up).  But this one was different.  The material was soft and I felt like it hung on my as it was intended, even if wasn't maternity.  Another plus - I see this working very nicely after the baby arrives.  Win, win!

 Addison Striped Knit Cardigan by 41Hawthorn

Another item I really wanted to like was this open cardigan.  However, I didn't like the material and didn't think it would hold up like other cardigans I have.  And at $48, I didn't see it as something I would wear enough of.

Corinna Striped Dolman Top by 41Hawthorn

To be honest, I didn't have high hopes for this top when I opened the box.  I've never been drawn to dolman tops and this one was no exception.  My last fix included a dolman top that was too big and this one felt too tight.  Regardless, this just isn't my style.


Based on my comments, you can probably guess what I ended up keeping (the jacket) and what I ended up sending back (everything else...), but I'm still happy I requested this fix.  I keep saying it, but the concept behind Stitch Fix is right up my alley.  As someone who doesn't enjoy shopping for clothes, I like that all I have to do is schedule a fix and someone else does the shopping for me.  So once again, I'll continue scheduling my fixes and referring those to what Stitch Fix can offer.

If you're interested, you can check out past reviews here, here, & here.


I was not compensated for this review. These words were all my own.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Dolman totally looks cute on you - but I've tried one on before and didn't find it comfortable.

    ReplyDelete