Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Goals [With Grace]

I'm going to get right to the point - I only completed one of my March goals (whomp, whomp) AND I am okay with that.

For the first time in 11+ months, I finally feel like I have a handle on my little slice of life. Sure, I have my days where I feel like I'm treading water, but for the most part, we're developing a nice little routine (which this girl loves!).  So even though I didn't accomplish as much as I had planned, I'm feeling good.

March Recap: 

1. Consistently work on getting our home ready to sell // we are still on track for our May 1st deadline after spending all available weekends to spruce up our home and plan to spend open time in April to continue working on the remaining items.
 
2. Catch up on photo books // I've started gathering photos, but haven't started the books. I just received some coupons for free photo books, so I hope I can complete this one in April.

3. Date night with Sam // we didn't get one in March, but have one on the calendar for this Saturday! (thanks Alex)




April Goals:

1. Finish getting our home ready to sell // like I said, just a few more things to do (mainly cleaning, new bark, pressure washing, photos, flyers, etc.) and we've got all our open weekends mapped out.

2. Catch up on photo books // as a carryover from last month, I just want to cross this one off my list before Calvin's birthday.

3. Celebrate Calvin's first birthday/our first full year of parenting // we're having a little get together to honor this milestone, but I want to take time to really remember AND celebrate the last twelve months.

4. Comment/e-mail ten people telling them how much their (blog/Twitter/Instagram) posts resonate with me // I don't know why I don't do this more, but more often than not, I find myself saying "me too!" after scrolling through the Internet and I know how much it would mean to me to receive a message from a reader letting me know how they feel, so why not?


2 comments:

  1. So fun to see how encouraging goal setting has been for you Meaghan regardless of outcomes! It motivates me to set goals, but not feel confined by expectations (if that makes any sense?). Also LOVE your 4th goal for April - I too have thought recently about how I think how beautiful or impactful a post was but don't share that with the writer! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting about your house! Good job working so hard to get there! And congrats on feeling like you're settling into a routine; that's such a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete