Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday, I turned 23. For some reason, that feels old to me, but still young enough to be spoiled =)

The day started with breakfast made by my sweet husband. He got up early and went to the store and bought flowers and breakfast fixings and came home and made a delicious breakfast. We had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and bacon. It was great!

Then I got ready for the day and made my first venture to the downtown mall. I had planned on taking back a few of our wedding gifts and wanted to check out the downtown Salem Macy's. I ended up spending almost 3 hours out and didn't even get lost!

Sam had arranged for his family to come down to Salem for dinner, so Phil, Donna, Laura, & Sam's grandparents all made the trip down. Matt also made the trip up from Eugene, so almost all the kids were together. Josh (our brother-in-law) was out at camp and was sorely missed. Charles & Kristi also made it over, which made for a fun bunch of people! We had pizza and salad and Laura brought over her tasty shortcake with strawberries & ice cream, which was great!

I had a wonderful day with family & friends! My day even ended with a missed call from my favorites in Thailand - Sorry Kel & BQ =( I wish I could have talked to the two of you!! Thank you also to all the cards & e-mails & facebook posts of love - I definitely felt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment