Monday, July 28, 2008

I need/want/have to change my name!!!

If only it was all as easy as saying, "hi, my name is Meaghan Grable" but it isn't...

First, you have to order your marriage certificate.
2. go to the Social Security office.
Thirdly, drive over to the DMV & pay money for a new license & a new title, because the world needs more money...
4. send in for a new passport just in case you feel the urge to flee the country =)
Lastly (for the most part..), combine bank accounts with your husband with your new name & all!

Yes, we are one month into the marriage and I am only on step 1, but hopefully it will come together before we hit month 2...

First day of work = good. I just watched as others did things, but I'll get my chance. I just feel overwhelmed & nervous still.

My husband is the BEST! I came home to beautiful flowers & a homemade macaroni dish... it was wonderful! We ended the night with some handmade ice cream (via the beautiful pink Kitchenaid)... I love being married!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the name change process - it took me months. Congrats on the job! And what an amazing husband, it sounds like the perfect life! Miss you & love you...
    ~M

    ReplyDelete