Monday, July 7, 2008

A year ago...

As I begin to think about my 23 birthday (half way to 46... crazy huh?), it's hard not to be thrown back to a year ago.

I had just gotten back from my 3 week mission trip to India.
At this time, I was at my roommate's & good friend's (the Stokke's, woo!) wedding in Sherwood. It was a beautiful summer afternoon/evening and love was in the air.
I was preparing to head down to Eugene to spend a much needed, restful time down at Kelly's farm.
I didn't have a job.
I had just 'saved the date' for the big wedding to happen the next summer (June 27, 2008!).
I was just 21 and felt young...

Now, this isn't meant to sound down or sad, but just a look back at where I was a year ago. I wouldn't change anything that happened this last year for any bone in my body. This last year has made me into the person I am today, and I love that.

Within the last year, I...
*got a job at a local credit union and made lifelong friends instantly.
*said goodbye to my best friend, Kelly, as she embarked on a long awaited, year-long journey to Thailand.
*bought a house in Salem, OR with Sam.
*planned and executed my dream wedding, my perfect day!

There were definitely other things that happened, but those were my big-time moments.

Now, as I step into 23 (still weird!) I wonder what is in-store for me this next year. Where will I work? Who will I meet? Who will I have to say goodbye to? Where will Sam and I go in life together? All these questions don't need an answer now, but they are definitely hanging around.

I couldn't be happier right now and life is great! I hope you will stay tuned to see what will happen to me - I know I will =)

No comments:

Post a Comment