Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy (late) Thanksgiving!

It feels like Sam & I have been running around for the last week and I'm sure it won't slow down until after the holidays.

Monday: both of us worked and then I had an interview... don't want to jinx anything, so that's all I'll say.

Tuesday: work once again, but we came home to lovely visitors - my mom & grandma. They were on their way to my grandma's brother's house and made a stop to see our home. We enjoyed pizza & Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.

Wednesday: I worked all day, but worried about Sam because he was home sick. I took care of him after work and he even mustered up energy to help me bake 2 apple pies (pictured above) and apple scones.

Thursday: we originally thought we'd be able to sleep in on our only day off, but our plans changed. We got up early and drove to Sandy to have a Grable family breakfast with Phil, Donna, Laura, & Matt. It was delicious and very good company. Then we ventured over to Sam's aunt's house and visited for an hour before we had to get on the road to our next Thanksgiving - my grandma's sister's house. After an hour in the car, we arrived, but were both not feeling well so we weren't much fun. We did enjoy a delicious dinner, but had to scoot out before dessert since we were both working early the next morning. We arrived back home and went right to bed.

Friday: Sam worked his half day and I worked a full day. I would have done the "Black Friday Shopping Event", but I'm not sure I could have done it & worked a full day, so I passed on it. Friday night was our night to watch our recorded shows, which was a nice restful evening.

Saturday: Another early morning at the Grable house as we thought we had a only one more nice day to finish painting the inside of our garage. We got a lot of it done and are happy with the way it looks. We'll have to finish it off another day, but it will work for the time being. After painting, I made a pumpkin pie for Sam since we missed out on any desserts on Thursday. Another plus was that Elf was on TV on Saturday and we watched it while I unpacked our Christmas decorations and put them up. We haven't bought a tree yet because we're planning on buying a fake tree when we find a good deal - we might have to wait until next Christmas to start our tree traditions.

Sunday (today): we went to church and came home for a day of rest. I was able to sign, stuff, & address our Christmas cards - a job I was putting off for a few weeks. Sam made a delicious meal of brown rice & orange chicken, so good! And although we aren't ready for another week of work, we'll take it nonetheless.

We hope you had a good Thanksgiving with family and friends. Happy Hollidays!

3 comments:

  1. Meaghan your pie was delicious!! That is all I have to say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are TOO cute. Cute hair, cute kitten face. I can't wait to hug you to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Donna on the pie. Sounds like a busy but fun and productive week. The holidays will be here and gone before we know it. Try to enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete