Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend Recap

We've been a busy couple the last few days. It seriously feels like we've been going, going, going since Thursday night, but in a fun way!

Since Sam's birthday fell on a weekday, we couldn't have the family over to celebrate until the weekend, so I asked Charles & Kristi if they wanted to join us for a Birthday dinner for him. We went to Red Robin to enjoy bottomless fries & burgers, then made our way over to Coldstone, followed by an evening of laughs brought to us by NBC. The Weather's got Sam 27 scratch-its, in which he won $15 from. Not too bad of odds. I sure hope Sam had a good actual birthday.

Friday was not really a typical work day for either of us. Sam had worked extra hours during the week so he could have the day off to work on our front lawn. So far, it looks great and I know it will only get better throughout the summer. I, on the other hand, did go to work, but only for half a day, since we had our monthly all-staff meeting in the afternoon. I felt like I was busy from the time I got in until the time I left (which was a good thing) and then the meeting got out early and I could spend some of the afternoon with Sam, always a plus! Friday night brought sandwiches & Happy Feet, the movie.

On Saturday, Sam & I had a list of things to get done before we had a house full of family. We vacuumed, dusted, cleaned up the kitchen, cleared out the garage, and make the guest beds. We also fit in a trip to the gym somehow. When we got home, I made a blackberry pie (as requested by Sam & my mom) and set out some food to munch on. Sam's brother, brother-in-law, & dad were the first to arrive, bringing supplies to build shelves in our garage. Sam's sister & mom came a little later, after a stop at the outlet malls (so jealous!) . My mom & brother arrived a little later. Everyone made it for our, what I called, "late Birthday/early Mother's Day" celebration. We ate, talked, ate, played Frisbee, ate, and sat around. Josh & Laura had to get back to Sandy that night to prepare for church the next morning. And Matt left soon after. The rest of us (my mom, brother, Sam's mom & dad, and us) slowly retreated for bed after an eventful day.

Sunday brought early risers. We decided to go with Sam's parents down to Eugene to attend Matt's church and have lunch with him. My mom needed to get my brother home, so they left earlier in the day too. After church, we made a stop for $5 foot longs & ate them at a pretty park over looking the Willamette River. Matt had plans in the afternoon, so we all made the trip back up to Salem and helped load up the Grables. Sam & I spent the afternoon vegging on the couch. Before we knew it, it was time to bed and we didn't know where the time had gone.

In other news, you might have seen my post to get your votes for Buster, but I'm sad to report that he didn't win Pugapalooza 2009. He did come in 3rd and we couldn't be more proud of him! He'd definitely the cutest in our book! Thank you to all who took the time to vote for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment