Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bridal Luncheons & Babies

My family moved to Bend when I was 2 years old and I was quickly introduced to a new daycare to attend while they worked. I met 3 girls my own age almost instantly and from then on, we were practically inseperable. Shelby, Kristine, Karlee, and myself attended daycare, elementary school, and middle school side-by-side. When high school came, I went to one high school and they went to the others. Sadly, as we grew up, we slowly grew apart. But whenever we got back together, it was like no time had passed at all.

This weekend we all got together in Bend to celebrate Shelby, our bride-to-be. She's getting married this summer and we thought it fitting to get the girls & our mom's together for a catch up/bridal luncheon. Two and half hours later and we were full of good food and sore from laughing so much!

Left to right: Shelby, Kristine, myself, and Karlee.

Another reason for my trip to Bend was to finally meet Baby Heater! Levi Makai Heater was born the morning of May 2nd and he is SO cute! Both of his parents have been awaiting his arrival for months now and they looked like they were on cloud 9 when I saw them. I can't wait to watch this little guy grow up!


This weekend was also a time to be with my mom. I'm always thankful for her and her selflessness, but this time was special. Her birthday is coming up on Tuesday, but unfortunately I can't be there to celebrate with her. Instead, I took this weekend as an opportunity to take her out to eat at McMenamins for dinner and some presents. It's always nice to spoil my mom since she always spoils us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment