Friday, June 28, 2013

5 on Friday


I'm trying something new this week and linking up with Darcie from The Good Life Blog for five on Friday!

[one]
This week has been full of memories, celebrations, and today, an end of a chapter.  Next week I will start a new job and while I'm excited for this change, I'm also nervous for the unknown of it all.  I'm praying for peace, a smooth transition, and patience for all!

[two]
I'm a fan of Pinterest!  Well, let me rephrase that, I am a fan of pinning on Pinterest :)  I love to pin great ideas, but as far as actually trying them out, I don't usually follow through.  So last weekend, Sam had the great idea to take one of my Pinterest pins and turn it in to a anniversary gift.  And a plus: it falls in line with the five year traditional anniversary gift of wood!  Win, win!  I'll definitely post about it when it's complete.

[three]
This week, I found myself, on a number of occassions, feeling extra thankful for the friendships in my life.  Whether it's conversations via text, Twitter, or in person, my "friend-tank" was filled this week.  Now, if only there was a way we could all hang out in real life whenever we want without the need to travel all day...

[four]
Even though life seems pretty good at the moment, I have to be honest and say I still have times where I wish my life was different and envy the lives of others.  Erin of Blue Eyed Bride wrote a beautiful post sharing her similar thoughts and I loved this line she shared from the book A Beautiful Purpose: "Can you honor the Me in her?”  I immediately took a step back and found myself thanking God for where I'm at and for those He's placed in my life at this time.  These feelings & questionings aren't easy, but I appreciate God putting reminders like Erin's post out there for me to find.

[five]
With my birthday coming up, I find myself wanting to keep it low-key & quiet, but I'd by lying if I didn't say I'm looking forward to seeing what this next year holds for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment