Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Goals


And just like that, we're half way through the year! 

I've only been doing these monthly goals for a few months, but each month I find myself appreciating the accountability aspect and knowing that I'll be able to revisit the goals I've set (whether I complete them or not) at the beginning of the following month.  Plus, I love that Hayley from The Tiny Twig calls them Goals with Grace because as a new mom, I need all the grace I can get!

But before we move on to July, let's look at June's goals.

June Recap:

1. Look at our monthly budget and continue to save where possible. --- I did look at the monthly budget and trimmed where it was obviously possible, but I am still working on trimming a few areas like food and household purchases.  I can tell this one will be a work-in-progress...

2. Continue to speak life into my husband. --- I'm just going to come out and say this one is going to be an ongoing goal of mine because I think this is the least that I can do for him as he leads our family through life.

3. Refine a routine that works for us and begin to transition Calvin to sleeping in his own room. --- Nope, neither of these successfully happened.  Honestly, I think this goal might have been a little ambitious.

4. Post at least one blog post per week on Grable Tales. (Seems easy, but with a 7 week old who loves to be held, I find it difficult to find time to post most of the time.) --- Almost! 3 out of the 4 weeks isn't too bad :)

July Goals:

1. Take a close look at our spending at least once a week (if not more!) and try to stick to a tight budget that Sam & I have agreed upon for the month.

2. Help + support my husband, specifically with his photography business, without being asked to do so.

3. Start transitioning Calvin to sleeping in his own room.

4. Post at least one blog post per week on Grable Tales.


Every month I link up my goals with The Tiny Twig's Goals with Grace.

2 comments:

  1. I need to sit down and do this each month! I find that when I put it on the blog, it usually gets done!

    Good luck moving Calvin to his room. We found that this was surprisingly easier than either of us imagined it would be with M! Hope it's the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having goals! It can be so hard to get anything done while holding/caring for a newborn, but of course that is your most important work right now. And I have it on good authority [talked to your mom recently :) ] that you are a really good mother.

    ReplyDelete