Monday, February 23, 2009

No Shopping

Lately, Sam and I have been talking a lot about our debt and our spending. Between getting married and buying our first home, we've pretty much maxed out all credit cards in our possession. And to top it off, we both attended the same private university which wasn't cheap, so we've got some school loans going for us. We've really been trying to be more conscious of what we're spending our money on and whether we really need it or if it's something we can wait on. So in lieu of our discussions, I decided I would declare (to my readers) that I'm starting a strict "no shopping for 37 days" plan starting today.

Yes, 37 days is a little odd, but I wanted to start today and I figured going to the end of March is a good goal to have. And who knows, maybe I'll keep it going longer... one can only hope.

So starting today, February 23, I will not buy anything that hasn't already been budgeted for in our personal budget (i.e. groceries, gas). We're setting strict goals for our debt and hope that we can actually start putting money in our savings within a couple of years. Wish us luck!

1 comment: