Monday, February 2, 2009

Sports-filled Weekend

Now, I'm not one to offer up watching a sporting event if I've got other things to do, but this weekend turned into one of those "sports-filled weekends" and it wasn't that bad.
As mentioned in a previous blog, Sam's cousin was playing in a basketball tournament down here in Salem on Saturday night. We got to cheer Jack and his team on through 3 of their 4 games (we missed the first one) and they pulled out a tournament win, with a few close games. It was definitely fun to hang out with Sam's uncle & aunt (the ones who passed Buster on to us), so a good time was had by all! Sam's other cousin Hannah, Jack's twin was also there to entertain us and keep us busy! Before the family headed back to Gresham, they wanted to come see our new home and say hello to their old puppy Buster. I could tell Hannah wanted to slip Buster into her bag and take him home again...
On Sunday, we got up & ready for church. Sam's brother, Matt, drove up from Eugene to drive up to Sandy with us for the Superbowl. After church, we got on the road and made good time. When we arrived at Sam's sister's house, we quickly ate a lot of pizza. Then we took a break from the food and had a pre-Superbowl walk, followed by the start of the game. As I said before, I wasn't too into the game, but caught parts here and there. I spent my time with the ladies, as we knit & crochet. Very fun! Then we saw the Steelers win the Superbowl and caught the funny episode of The Office and headed back south. We got home around 10pm and I headed straight for bed. I sure wished I had another day of weekend left to rest... but I guess I usually feel like that come Sunday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment